During the Three Weeks, July 21-August 11, we will be collecting items for welcome kits to be given to refugees through JFCS (Jewish Family and Community Services).
On Tisha B’Av, August 11, 2:30-4 pm at CBI, we will assemble the welcome kits and write welcome notes. Adults and children welcome to participate in creating the welcome kits. Sign up here to volunteer. Please be in touch with Maharat Victoria Sutton with any questions (email@example.com)
Ways you can help:
- Drop off items listed below (full-size toiletries, new bedding) at CBI or Gan Shalom
- Assemble welcome kits on Tisha b’Av – sign up here to volunteer
- Purchase gift cards for Target or Safeway in increments of $25 and drop off at CBI office
- Donate funds to purchase much-needed gift cards for refugees being resettled. CBI will pool funds collected and purchase gift cards through SCRIP, magnifying the impact of each donation.
- Cash or check (with refugee drive in memo): $25 increments helpful ($25, $50, $75, $100..), donations of any amount welcome
- Online: Please donate to the General Fund and indicate “Refugee Drive” in the memo section. If donating online, please add 3% to cover the processing fee so that we can use funds most effectively for purchasing gift cards. For example:
- $25 –> $25.75
- $50 –> $51.50
- $75 –> $77.25